The Friends of Shallowford House exists for the benefit of the house and supports the house in numerous ways. The three main aims are:
- To promote awareness of the House and the facilities it offers, among the churches and wider community
- To provide extra things which enhance for visitors their experience of the house and grounds
- To pray regularly for the trustees, staff and guests at Shallowford House
Members of the Friends pay an annual subscription (minimum £10.00 per year) and receive a Newsletter several times a year. There is a dinner at Christmas or New Year, an Annual General Meeting with supper in the spring and a fundraising Garden Party in the summer. The Friends support our Quiet Days and run Open Gardens.
We warmly invite you to consider joining the Friends as we really value the support, particularly prayer, of those who share our vision. To find out more about the Friends, including how to join, please email us.
We’re very appreciative of the prayer support we receive, indeed we believe this House could not function without the undergirding and surrounding prayers of those whom God has called to support His ministry here. A monthly worship and prayer meeting is held in the Chapel at Shallowford House and our prayers are informed by a monthly prayer diary. All are welcome to join us on the second Thursday of each month at 8pm and if you would like to receive a regular copy of the prayer diary, please email us.
Shallowford has a group of regular and occasional volunteers. We are always on the lookout for anyone else who might be interested in the work of the house and willing to contribute a little of their spare time to help in some way.
For instance, we would love some people to help…
- maintain our beautiful gardens, meadow, wildlife area and vegetable patch
- assist with occasional DIY work
- or any other skills that you would like to bring!
If you feel you could contribute a few hours a week (or even a month!) then please contact Alison on 01785 760233 or email us